Sources of information about deadly force incidents
Great article from The Tactical Professor
Originally posted on tacticalprofessor:
I’ve been interested in gunfight analysis since I was a teenager. My Dad had a Guns and Blammo magazine with an article about the shootout between the Hamer posse and Bonnie and Clyde. Once I read it, I was hooked.
Many people like to ‘wargame’ situations that could happen to them and I am no different.…
Reader Question: “What 308 ammo is safe to use in a suppressor?”
A Reader Asked me:
“What 308 ammo is safe to use in a suppressor?”
The answer is that it depends on a couple of factors.
- How quiet do you want your shot to be?
- If you want it to be quiet, then you are going to need subsonic .308 ammunition.
- I personally never saw much point to firing ammunition that goes faster than the speed of sound out of a suppressor.
- The quality of the suppressor
- If you are…
The Heartbleed Hit List: The Passwords You Need to Change Right Now-Reblog
Check the link and change your passwords as needed.
Originally posted on Loose Screws & Lost Marbles:YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS ASAP.
This is a major threat. My Dropbox account is already compromised (thank goodness I quit using it over a year ago for a far more secure service, Spideroak).IF YOU USE THE INTERNET, THIS APPLIES TO YOU.
An encryption flaw called the Heartbleed bug is…
Practice priorities for the Armed Citizen
A Nightmare in Pittsburgh
- Domestic Disputes are incredibly dangerous situations for police officers since emotional states are elevated and you often just don’t have the relationship back story of the parties involved
- Shotguns are devastating up close
- Officer Paul Sciullo was killed in the “fatal funnel” of the front door and initial entryway to the house.
- One of the most dangerous places for someone to…
Linux Worm Attacks ‘Things’
Very useful information for securing devices you may have in your home and connected to the internet.
Originally posted on techblahblah:Linux.Darlloz, in addition to being able to attack Linux computers, has the abilityto target small devices attached to the internet. Vulnerabilities in chips used in home routers, security cameras, set-top boxes like Apple TV, Roku, cable boxes and etc. and…
The TDI Law Enforcement Knife for Open Carry or Concealed Carry
Using the TDI Law Enforcement Knife for Weapon Retention
This is by far one of my favorite knifes.
- Small blade length makes it legal in a lot more jurisdictions than other knives.
- Very simple to use
- The stock sheath is decent and mounts well to a belt (unlike many stock knife sheaths)
- Comes in large models as well for open carriers.
- It can be easily deployed from either hand and from multiple…
The “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of Open Carry Part II
Another Great article from Roger Phillips of http://www.fightfocusedconcepts.com/ The “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of Open Carry Part II
By Roger Phillips,
The Mental Aspect of the Fight
Some people may want to call this “mindset” but that term is very vague and does not do justice to the things that you should really know when it comes to open carry. If we can all agree that there are risks to…
The Do’s and Don’ts of Open Carry Part 1
Great article from Roger Phillips of http://www.fightfocusedconcepts.com/ The “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of Open Carry Part I
By Roger Phillips,
A serious look at making the open carry operator as squared away as they can possible be.
I know there are people out there that believe that I am “anti-open carry.” This is not really the truth of the matter. What I am is “anti-ignorance” and I admit that…